Friday 3 May 2013

Olympus OM Zuiko Auto Macro 50mm F3.5 Lens

This is the first macro lens that I ever own. I got this in a camera shop selling second camera and lens I frequent. It was all by chance that I got this lens and the ring flash together in quite a good deal. The cosmetic of the whole set up was typical use by handlers, I would consider it EXC condition consider the age of this lens, ring flash and flash control unit. This macro lens was one of the famous lens in Olympus OM series back in the late 1970's, still in demand and worth a few hundred bucks a piece on eBay without the flash and control unit.

Ok... enough of all that introduction.... Let's take a look at its performances. I took this set up on a company outing in Bukit Timah Nature Reserves, Wallace Trail and got a few photos of nature's creations...



I took these few photo with the macro lens and monopod... I think this lens is cool... And live up to its name. Took these photos at aperture F3.5, shutter speed 1/30 sec, focus 1:2 and ISO 100. I like the bokeh that the lens is able to deliver, fantastic colours and worked very well with the monopod.

No comments:

Post a Comment